POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pigment_map, normal_map, but ... : Re: pigment_map, normal_map, but ... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pigment_map, normal_map, but ...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 10 Feb 2000 04:00:40
Message: <38a27e38@news.povray.org>
A lot more to a finish than either pigments or normals.  And since there used to
be refraction in finishes as well it was probably even less likely to be
considered before.  Finish still has ambience, diffusion, highlighting,
reflection, crand, metallic, brilliance, and I'm not sure what else but maybe
that's it.  All of those would need to be patterned together.  Probably a lot of
extra work in the programming of the source which no one had yet even begun to
do yet.  Those are my thoughts on it anyway.

Bob